Fellowships + Grants


The Center offers funding and resources to scholars and students studying international affairs.

For more information, contact Amalia Teglas.

Whether you are just beginning your academic career, a graduate student, recent graduate, or scholar, we hope to further your academic endeavors by connecting you to opportunities that foster self-development and to make it a worthwhile learning experience.

We encourage you to take advantage of these opportunities!


Deadlines for upcoming fellowship opportunities

The national deadlines for the 2021 Boren Awards are: Boren Fellowships: January 27, 2021 at 5:00 PM EST, and Boren Scholarships: February 3, 2021 at 5:00 pm.

The Institute for Security and Conflict Studies at The George Washington University invites applications for pre-doctoral fellowships. The deadline for applications is January 15, 2021.  Learn more.

The International Security Program at HKS and the Security Studies Program at MIT offer two year pre- or post-doctoral fellowships in Grand Strategy, Security, and Statecraft. Applications due January 22, 2021. Learn more.

The Security Studies Program hosts the Nuclear Security Fellows Program for junior faculty as well as pre-doctoral and post-doctoral scholars. Applications due January 15, 2021. Learn more.