HAVING PROBLEMS/TOO FEW HITS… REMEMBER THE FOLLOWING:
The more search terms you enter on the search page, the more you will narrow your search. If you are lucky, you will find a few fellowships precisely tailored to your needs. More likely, your search will yield too few options for you to consider.
If you want to conduct research on China, start out by entering "China" in the "country" search field. The search will identify fellowship opportunities that are restricted to China or have a special focus on China. BUT… the search will NOT identify the many fellowship opportunities that may be equally suitable for you but that have a broad geographic focus.
So… start out with a narrowly focused search, and drop search terms if you don't find what you need.
If you leave the search form blank, you will be able to browse the entire database.
SO THAT WE MAY IMPROVE THE DATABASE FOR YOU AND FOR FUTURE STUDENTS AND FACULTY MEMBERS, please do the following:
- Send Casey Johnson <firstname.lastname@example.org> URLS with information on any fellowships you know about that are not included in the database. We'll add them.
- Let Casey know if you find errors in the current entries or think the coding could be improved.
- Send Casey copies of proposals you submit and let us know whether or not your application succeeded. We're looking for models and helpful tips for other applicants.
- Send Casey any other information regarding the sources listed that would help other applicants find the right fellowship and succeed in their application.
- IF YOU ACCESS THE DATABASE FROM OUTSIDE THE US, let Casey know of any problems you encounter. In particular:
- be specific about the nature of the problem; and
- tell Casey what browser (and what version) you were using at the time.
- Tell your friends about the database.